Compass Vehicle Services understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.cvsltd.co.uk and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Account” Means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;
“Cookie” Means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in Part 14, below; and
“Cookie Law” means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;
2. Information About Us
Our Site is owned and operated by Compass Vehicle Services Limited registered in England under company number 7824836
Registered office: Compass Vehicle Services, 4A Burrell Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 1TW.
Main trading address: Compass Vehicle Services, 4A Burrell Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 1TW.
VAT number: 725 099 031
Data Protection Officer: Ben Levy
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 01342 837 110
3. What Does This Policy Cover?
4. What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
5. What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 13 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in Part 15 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Please contact us using the details in Part 15 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us or a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided in Part 15.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
6. What Data Do We Collect?
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Business name;
- Payment information;
- Information about your preferences and interests;
- IP address;
- Web browser type and version;
- Operating system;
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to.
7. How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for one of the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
- Supplying our products and services to you. Your personal details are required in order for us to enter into a contract with you.
- Personalising and tailoring our products and services for you.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Supplying you with information by email, Text and post that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by email, telephone or post).
- Analysing your use of Our Site and gathering feedback to enable us to continually Our Site and your user experience.
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email, telephone, text message or post with information, news, and offers on our products and services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
8. How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
- General enquiries: up to two years
- For the duration of your contractual relationship with us plus up to two years, i.e. for as long as you remain our client, and then up to two years after the relationship is terminated.
- Additionally, personal details within, and relating to, financial transactions will be retained for six years from the end of the last company financial year they relate to, or longer if:
- they show a transaction that covers more than one of the company’s accounting periods
- the company has bought something from you that it expects to last more than 6 years, like equipment or machinery
- we sent our Company Tax Return late
- HMRC has started a compliance check into our Company Tax Return
- Personal data held in webserver logs is retained for no longer than three months.
9. How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
We will only store or transfer your personal data in the EU. This means that it will be fully protected under the GDPR.
10. Do You Share My Personal Data?
We do contract with the following third party to undertake profession vehicle delivery and collection. In some cases, this third party may require access to some of your personal data in order to supply a service.
11. How Can I Control My Personal Data?
In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in Part 5, when you submit personal data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict our use of your personal data. In particular, we aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us at the point of providing your details.
You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
12. Can I Withhold Information?
You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any personal data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
13. How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 15.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your subject access request within 28 days and no longer than one month after receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
All Cookies used by and on our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third-party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies, but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
15. How Do I Contact You?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details:
For the attention of: Ben Levy
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 01342 837110
Postal Address: Compass Vehicle Services, Unit 4 Starborough Farm, Starborough Lane, Marsh Green, Edenbridge, Kent, TN8 5RB
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.