What documents do i need to lease a car?

Documents Required to Lease a Car

01342 837 110  


What documents are required to lease a car with CVS?


You will need to provide some basic information, documentation and proof of identification when leasing a car with CVS. We like to keep things as simple as possible for our clients, and unlike our competitors, only request the information we need to process your application.


Personal details

You will need to provide your full name (and previous name if you have changed it), date of birth, marital status, residential status (own your home, renting, living with parents, etc.) and your full address history for at least the last three years.


Proof of income

We only look at affordability and traceability when leasing you a vehicle and offer excellent deals to match your budget. We require copies of your pay slips from the past 3 calendar months, or a P60 form showing your total salary for the last tax year. Please also provide copies of bank statements showing receipt of your salary for all instances.

Alternatively, if you are Self-employed, please provide your HMRC SA302 form confirming your latest tax calculation, and the correlating bank statements showing receipt of the funds as shown on the SA302 form.

If you are in receipt of regular benefits (including Child benefit, State Pension, Disability Living Allowance, Incapacity Benefit, Careers Allowance, Industrial Injuries Benefit, Severe Disability Allowance): Please provide evidence that this income is regular, along with details of any end date (if the benefit is end-dated).


Proof of ID

Driver’s license


  • A full photocard license (the paper counterpart is no longer valid as legal ID), issued in the UK, Iceland, Norway, Switzerland or EU member countries.
  • A provisional photocard license, issued in the UK only.
  • A full ‘old style’ paper license (before the photocard was introduced in 1998), issued in the UK only.
  • Match the date of birth used when applying
  • Match the exact name used when applying
  • Match the exact address used when applying
  • Be valid/in date


What if I can’t find my licence?

If you can’t find your driver’s licence, or have sent it back to the DVLA for penalties to be added, etc, we will need to see some additional personal identification. We will accept a valid passport or a similar ID document, please ask one of the team for further details in this event.

Apply Today

We can help you drive a new car or van.

Proof of address

We will need to verify your address, you can verify your address easily by providing a UK utility bill (gas, electricity, water, telephone landline) issued within 3 months, which meets the following criteria:


  • Be no older than 3 months
  • Match the exact name used on your lease application
  • Match the exact address used on your lease application
  • Be a:
    – Utility Bill
    – Utility Statement
    – Reminder Bill
    – A letter on headed paper from the utility company confirming direct debit payments
    – A Utility bill for internet services that confirms the price to be paid each month.


Please note we are unfortunately unable to accept:

  • Mobile telephone bills
  • TV license
  • A utility bill that is addressed to a different address to where the utility is provided

Our Customers Love Us

Rated 8.7 Trustpilot

CVS Trustpilot Rating 4.5 starts

Back to top