The All-New Smart #3 SUV: A Stylish and Practical Electric Vehicle
Published 30 August 2023
Smart is making a big comeback with the all-new #3 SUV, a stylish and practical electric vehicle that is set to make it’s European debut at the 2023 Munich Car Show. The #3 is the biggest car to wear a Smart badge so far, and it is designed to appeal to a wider range of buyers than the brand’s previous offerings.
The #3 is based on Geely’s SEA platform, which also underpins the Volvo XC40 Recharge. This means that the #3 is expected to offer a range of up to 300 miles on a single charge, making it a viable option for long-distance travel.
The #3 is also stylish and well-equipped. It features a sleek exterior design with a coupe-like roofline, and a spacious and comfortable interior.
The new Smart car has been given a sportier makeover, with a number of design changes intended to appeal to a younger audience.
- Round air vents and upgraded trim materials give the interior a more premium feel.
- A large 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system is the centerpiece of the dashboard, and it features a 13-speaker Beats sound system.
- These changes are a sign that Smart is trying to move away from its image as a city car for older drivers, and appeal to a more youthful demographic.
The #3 will be available in two different power variants: a rear-wheel-drive version with 268 horsepower and a dual-motor all-wheel-drive version with 422 horsepower. Both versions will be able to accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in under 5 seconds.
The #3 is scheduled to go on sale in Europe in early 2024, and it is expected to be priced starting at around £40,000.
Here are some of the key features of the new Smart #3 SUV:
- Stylish and practical design
- Up to 300 miles of range
- Geely SEA platform
- 12.8-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Two power variants: rear-wheel-drive and dual-motor all-wheel-drive
- 0-60 mph in under 5 seconds
- Expect prices to start at around £40,000
Following on from its European debut in September, the #3 is set to go on sale in early 2024. Until then, the smaller Smart #1 is leading the brand’s charge into a new all-electric era.
In addition to the standard #3, Smart is also planning to release a high-performance Brabus version of the SUV. The Brabus #3 will feature a more powerful electric motor, a sportier suspension, and a more aggressive exterior design.
The new Smart #3 SUV is a significant milestone for the brand. It is the first all-electric SUV from Smart, and it is a major step up in terms of size, performance, and features. The #3 is sure to appeal to a wider range of buyers than the brand’s previous offerings, and it is a strong contender in the growing electric SUV market.