BMW Ends i3 Production
Published: 01 Jul 2022
BMW ends the production of its premium EV the i3, after nearly 9 years in production at the Leipzig plant.
First launched in 2013, the i3 has been produced in just over 250,000 units.
The final 10 cars off the assembly line have been given the HomeRun special edition spec –
- Frozen Dark Grey or Frozen Red II exterior finish
- 20-inch wheels
- Electric glass roof and solar control glazing
- Adaptive LED headlights
- Carum Grey headliner
- Vernasca Dark Truffle’ heated leather seats
- Leather instrument panel
- Park distance Control with rear-view camera
- Wireless charging
- Harman Kardon speaker system
- Driving Assistant Plus
- Comfort package
Unfortunately you cannot buy one as they are all sold, and each customer even got to see their car being built at the factory.
The Leipzig manufacturing plant will continue with the assembly of e-drive components, batteries, and starting next year, the next-generation Mini Countryman with an all-electric powertrain.Back to all help and advice articles